Sunday, March 30, 2014

Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring in Brown (No.2) Review


        I've been bored with my natural hair color, i wanted to make it 1 or 2 shades lighter than my original hair color. I haven't dyed my hair for a year now so i'm excited to try it out. I went to Etude House shop to get the product. For shoulder length you only need 1 box, but if yours is longer than shoulder length i suggest you to get 2 box to avoid uneven colored hair.


        I got the Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring for $8 here in Indonesia. For a hair dye i think it consider cheep. I used to use Palty or Liese, but i can't get the those products here. So i thought why not give a try to Etude House's product.

I got the no.2 Dark Brown
This is how the packaging looks like
Hair color preview on the box

        It comes with a bottle with pump, hair coloring agent or solution, after treatment conditioner to restore hair softness and protect the hair from further damaging after coloring, a cape, and a pair of plastic gloves.
So it's really convenience with all those things included with the product to self home dye.



        Back view of the box shows how to use the product and a lists of the ingredients, read carefully in case you have some allergies. It also suggest you to do product test for 42 hours before applying it directly on to your hair. But i don't really have an allergy towards hair coloring products so i just skip the step and go straight dye my hair.

Step by step how to use the product

        So this is the comparison before and after. Left picture is before i dyed my hair, which means my natural hair color. It's an indoor lightning comparison, my hair looks lighter under bright lightning or sun rays. It's almost like light brown, cuz my hair originally was dark brown.



        This is how it's turned out after 2 weeks, 2 shades lighter than the box color indicator. It get's lighter in every wash i don't know why, i thought maybe cuz i don't use a shampoo that specially made for colored hair.

My final thought are :
Pros :
♠ Simple packaging, also includes with directions and such
♠ Affordable 
♠ Easy to get
♠ Easy to use even for a first time user
♠ Convenience, cuz it comes with gloves and cape
♠ It works

Cons :
♠ It gets messy 
♠ Stains my skin a little bit
♠ Color didn't turned out as the box color indicator
♠ It drip if you don't keep massaging your scalp

Tips :
♠ Apply some lotion onto your face and hands to avoid get stains
♠ Wear dark shirts, but it can be washed out so don't worry 
♠ Do allergy test before you use it, just in case you have an allergy to some of the ingredients
♠ Condition your hair for the first week cuz your hair might gets a bit dry

Will i repurchase?
I will, cuz i don't like to go to salon unless to get a hair cut. And it's cheep too, well i prefer use palty more. As long as its not require any bleaching i will use home dying products such as palty, etude house's, revlon, etc.









1 comment:

  1. Hiii.. May i know your contact lense brand is?? Thank youuh

    ReplyDelete